Sunday, May 30, 2010

Heritage Park Festival of Quilts





Well, I managed to survive the snowy, wintery weather that we had in Calgary this week-end (note the winter jacket!). Yes, while most of the country east of us is enjoying beautiful spring weather, we had cold, windy, snowy weather for the past several days. Just in time for the Heritage Park Festival of Quilts! But, as usual, the wonderful volunteers who devote their time and energy to this event were up to the challenge and the quilts were all beautifully displayed - indoors. I can't imagine the frantic scrambling that must take place when the weather takes a turn for the worse. Thank you, thank you, thank you to these dedicated ladies who always manage to make this event successful. Also thank you to the many vendors who were at the show. 
I'm not sure that my husband will be as thankful when the Visa bill arrives, however I enjoyed some great shopping there.


I am in the process of uploading photos from the show and some are currently available on Flickr. You can see what I have uploaded so far by going to http://tinyurl.com/264w4zm. I hope to add more descriptions time permitting. 


Now I need to finish unloading my show purchases. I already have some new pattern ideas brewing in my head from these new fabrics!

No comments: