Thursday, October 28, 2010

Accuquilt GO! Cutter tips

I haven't been playing with my GO! cutter this past week as I've been working on some hand stitchery, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking up patterns that I can create with the various appliqué dies that I have. While I was at first a bit concerned that I would be limited by the size of the appliqué dies, I'm finding that this just isn't so. I can think of so many different projects where I can use these shapes, from home decor to kitchen items to book bags and book covers, well  you can see that the possibilities are truly only limited by your imagination.


When I'm not thinking up new uses for the die cuts from my GO! cutter, I enjoy watching the various videos that are on the internet about using it. Of course Accuquilt has lots of information available on their website, but there are also lots of independent videos with great ideas. I recently ran across a video from Judy Danz that I found particularly interesting. If you want to see how to use up your smallest scraps in the GO!, please watch this. Judy is using the Rose of Sharon die which was developed by a fellow Canadian, Sharon Pederson.


If you have any tips or hints about using the Accuquilt GO! cutter, please leave me a comment so I can share it with my readers.


Got to get GOing!

No comments: