Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Quilt Studio Redux

Hi everyone:


I'm back from a quick vacation to Montana to visit with an old friend. My family and I had a great time and the weather was perfect. We hated to come back to reality, but have wonderful memories - and lots of photos - to remind us of our trip.


Speaking of reality, remember how I showed you some pictures of my quilt studio awhile ago? Well, some people have suggested that these photos don't accurately reflect the normal state of my quilting space. They have implied that I may have tidied up the studio prior to photography. They have even questioned why I didn't open up cupboards to show you my fabric and notion storage, implying that it might be a jumbled mess. Such insinuations and allegations! Unfortunately, they are partially true. 


My studio does look somewhat more disorganized when I'm actually working on a project. I do, however, tidy up after working to some extent. My storage space is another story. It definitely needs to be tidied up and this will hopefully occur sometime this summer.


So, just to show you that I'm not hiding anything, here is what my cupboards and storage spaces actually look like. 


Fabric storage under the cutting table - sorted by colour, can't you tell? 
Charlie loves to check out my fabric storage.
Plastic storage towers under my long-arm table for thread and other odds and ends.
Thread storage for cones of thread.
What evil - or quilt supplies - lurks behind this door?
Even the Shadow wouldn't be able to guess this one!
Yikes! I didn't really think things were this disorganized.
Fabrics and kits and fat quarters (in the storage tower), oh my!
Kits are stored in the large plastic bins.
And yes, they are labelled! Teeka keeps a close guard on them.
This space above my sewing area doesn't look too bad, does it?
After seeing the photographic proof of the jumbled storage in my studio, I decided to take action. After a visit to Wal-Mart to purchase some plastic storage towers, I am now ready to tackle this project. 


Check back tomorrow to see how I'm doing. If you have any storage tips, I'd sure like to hear them. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you'll be busy...and I"m sure you'll be glad to get it all organized. Some of my spaces look similar. =) I just have less space.

Chatterbox Quilts said...

Did some fabric folding last night and put that lot away. It all looks so nice when it's straightened up that I hate to disrupt any fabric to use it :) The folding is a bit time consuming, but relaxing and I get a chance to review my stash - and realize that I probably have enough fabric for now!