Monday, November 24, 2014

Fall and Halloween Recap

Hi everyone:

Wow! It seems like fall just flew by and we're already into winter - at least in Calgary. I've been busy with lots of projects, although you haven't heard much about them. As usual, I start working on projects for holidays much to close to the actual date and end up with them finished - or not - past that particular date. This year, I was caught up in fall and Halloween projects. 

Embroidered Pumpkin Design by Chatterbox Quilts
Some are even almost finished. Which is saying quite a bit for me. Maybe I'll even have them quilted in time for next Halloween!
Boy Skull design by Janie Hirst for Chatterbox Quilts
I shouldn't feel too bad about not finishing these projects yet because it's been a very busy fall. We've been up to Edmonton several times to see my daughter, check out and buy (or not) some vintage sewing machines, and to buy a used tent trailer. I think we've been to Edmonton more in the past few months than we have ever been! Add to that the fact that I've been sick for all of October and still can't seem to shake a cough that pops up now and then - usually when I'm trying to sleep! We also celebrated my husband's birthday (one of the big ones) and our 30th wedding anniversary within two weeks of each other and then there was Thanksgiving and Halloween too... Well, suffice to say that the past two months have been extremely busy for us.
Girl Skull design by Jamie Hirst for Chatterbox Quilts
Now of course Christmas is looming, so maybe I should start thinking about some wintery projects. Or maybe I'll just finish off those fall and Halloween ones...

Hope you're ahead on your quilting!

No comments: